All the healthy, diet food I made the past days have been eaten or eventually went bad. And since the break just ended and I have to go back to school, I had to find I new snack for inbetween my courses (a healthy one). So I decided to try out a new recipe today, since my classes got cancelled.
I made Paleo Blueberry Scones:
- 1.5 cups of cashews
- 1/4 cup of arrowroot starch
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 3 tbl of maple syrup (I used agave syrup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- An egg
The Making of:
- Measure out 1.5 cups of cashews and pour them into a food processor. Also, preheat your oven to 350 F. Blend the cashews until they resemble a coarse meal.
- Pour them into a large mixing bowl. Measure out ¼ cup of the arrowroot and add it to the cashew meal. Add a pinch of salt into the bowl. Add 1 tsp of baking powder to the mixing bowl. Whisk everything together.
- Add the blueberries to the mix. Stir it together until evenly mixed.
- Measure out ¼ cup of coconut oil. Measure out 3 Tbl of maple syrup into the wet ingredients. Measure out 2 tsp vanilla into the bowl. Add one egg. Whisk it together.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Stir until it’s evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Using the back of a spoon and/or your fingers, pat the batter into the pan so that you have an even thickness. Pop it in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes then slice up into wedges.
It tasted better than I had expected. It was good, not the best thing I’ve made, but that’s because I’m not a big fan of coconut. My mom did find it delicious!
To see the original recipe go to: http://fedandfit.com/2013/07/28/paleo-blueberry-scones-2/