This week I’ve been testing a lot of healthy recipes. My sister and I search the internet to find them and I make one recipe a day, since my sister isn’t really a baker ;).
A couple of days ago a tried out a new recipe: a baked oatmeal casserole. It tasted better than I expected, it reminded me a bit of bread pudding.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Cups All Natural Oats
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar (I used the Splenda blend)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Strawberries (we didn’t have them, so we used 1 apple)
- ⅔ Cup Blueberries
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter (cooled)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 10×10 casserole dish generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the chocolate chips, & half the berries. Stir well and pour into casserole dish. Add the other half of the berries & chocolate chips to the top of the mixture. Then, slice the banana & add to top.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, butter, & vanilla. Whisk thoroughly. Pour on top of oatmeal mixture, making sure the all oats are soaked evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove casserole & add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the top of the casserole for added sweetness (optional.) Bake for an additional 5 or 10 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
I got the recipe from: http://loveoffamilyandhome.net/2014/07/oatmeal-casserole-recipe.html